Yellow sapphire is a gemstone which represents the positive powers of planet Jupiter according to Vedic astrologic/Indian astrology. Jupiter is considered the guru of all planets. This stone belongs to the family of corundum and is also a twin of ruby and blue sapphire.
It is known as pukhraj stone in Hindi. It is available in different colors yellow, orange, golden and even in a colorless form which is known as white sapphire. The best of the gemstone is in lemon yellow color. It is a combination of aluminum, hydrovisil, and florin. This gemstone is considered as a mineral. They are known for their extreme hardness next to diamond.
According to Indian Vedic astrology, the birthstones or the gemstones are recommended to people based on their stars and the sun signs they belong to. It is very well-known that females who are facing obstacles in getting married should wear yellow sapphire to get over all the hurdles.
Apart from that, it is said that those ascendants of signs that have Jupiter as their strength and in favoring place on the birth chart of Vedic astrology can wear it. Most people who belong to Aries, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius, and Pisces can wear according to the positions of the Jupiter in the houses of those ascendants. One can always consider an astrologer for details information about when to wear it.
Pukhraj is very popular and known as the most beneficial stone among navratnas. This gemstone is known as very good for academics. This stone gives you good health, wealth, wisdom, name and fame, and property. It also protects from evil spirits. The wearer of this stone gets the knowledge of the law, ethics, wisdom, physical power and also mental peace and intelligence. It also said that this stone represents husband for married women and also all the joy of conjugal bliss.
1. Out of improper knowledge, people tend to wear yellow sapphire in the wrong way and lose all the benefits of the stone. Here is the correct and the best procedure to wear the stone.
2. Before wearing a yellow sapphire always make sure with a competent astrologer that the stone suits you.
3. After getting the consent from the astrologer, buy natural yellow sapphire from the trusted dealers only and also make sure that it weighs a minimum of 3.25 Carats. The benefits of the stone depending on its weight. Never chose a synthetic yellow sapphire as it is not original and will not have positive effects.
4. Once the stone is ready, now choose the metal to fix the stone. This stone can be used in a ring or a pendant. This stone is generally embedded with gold or silver metals which are also good for the human body.
5. When fixing it with the metal, always make sure that the stone is fixed in such a way that the gem should touch the skin of the wearer.
6. After the stone is fixed in the metal, wear the metal on Thursday morning during dawn that too during Shukla Paksha i.e. the time between the full moon and no moon.
7. While wearing, don’t directly wear the stone. First, on Thursday morning, take a yellow mat and yellow cloth and some cow milk or holy water (Ganga Jal) and sit down facing north or northeast direction.
8. Now dip the stone in cow milk or holy water for over ten minutes to remove all the redundant negative energies from the stone.
9. After removing it from the milk, place it on the yellow cloth which has Jupiter yantra drawn on it.
10. Perform pooja for the stone by chanting “Om Brim Brihaspathaye Namah om” mantra for 108 times.
11. Now adopt the ring on to your right-hand index figure.
12. In general, a yellow sapphire loses its power after 3 years. Hence after every 3 years stone should be changed.
13. Proper care should be taken in cleaning the stone as dust formed below the stone turns as an obstacle between the skin and the stone and gradually it loses its touch which leads to less power. Hence proper cleaning should be done with the soft brush.
14. You need to take care of the breakage and scratches on the stone. Yellow sapphire should not get damaged otherwise it loses its power.
Even though the yellow sapphire is proven to be a more powerful and good look, due to its high-cost people hesitate to buy it immediately. They start looking for alternative stones. For such people who can’t afford a yellow sapphire, here is the astrological alternative for yellow sapphire. It is called as sunehla or golden/yellow topaz. This is considered as the best alternative as both the stones shares some similar properties.
Like yellow sapphire, sunehla also represents Jupiter. It is known as a semi-precious stone. Sunehla rate 8 on Moh’s scale where yellow sapphire 9. Both the stones look similar in the color too but sunehla is darker than yellow sapphire.
The price of natural yellow sapphire varies from 1300 to 200000 per carat. This variation depends upon the clarity of the stone and its color. The clarity of the stone is decided based on the astrological benefits. One can get natural yellow sapphire for reasonable prices only from the certified gem stores. One needs to be careful while buying these stone. If you want to check its clarity you can go to gemology lab near to you and get your gem tested.
Always choose the stone of top clarity which is unheated which is mostly available in Ceylon, Srilanka. Along with this, stones from Madagascar and Tanzania are also preferred for better results. Avoid yellow sapphire which is very light. Generally, these light stones are available in Burma.
You can buy natural yellow sapphire from our website amagems. We sell energize gemstones such that gemstone can bring positive results to the native.
The gemstone quality is based on three characteristics. Its cut, inclusions, and carat are three important characteristics of stone that are to be checked for its quality. In general, there are three ways a common man can check for the reality of the gem. They are:
1. Compare the stone with yellow glass. Most of the fake gems are made of yellow glass which is too bright than the real one. The real yellow sapphire will not be too bright and large.
2. Original yellow sapphire stone will not have inclusions which are visible for a naked eye. Hence always check for the bubbles before buying the gem. If bubbles exist, then it is not the original gem.
3. As yellow sapphire is very hard to cut, its edges will be rough and sharp. Always check for the cut before buying. Gem made of glass will have smooth and rounded edges.
Please note that these are the general gemstone recommendation for wearing yellow sapphire. Please consult our Vedic experts before wearing yellow sapphire else problems can come after wearing yellow sapphire without the guidance of Vedic experts. You can take the gemstone recommendation report from us and answers will be given by our Vedic experts.